What Can I Do?
We are encouraging citizens to talk to their Councillors about the importance of public services.
You can help by:
- writing a letter to the newspaper
- contacting your councillor
For more information on our campaign sign-up for Action Alerts to receive periodic e-mail updates to help you stay informed, speak out, and make a difference on issues relating to public services.
What can CUPE members do?
Your help is crucial to raise public awareness of the contribution CUPE members make to our community.
Act now to make the positively public campaign a success!
One of the things you can do right now is to send us your home e-mail address so that we can keep you informed about the campaign and any proposed changes to the way public services are to be delivered. Please click here to go to our sign-up page to register.
- Keep a close eye on the website for the latest news and information
- Arrange for a workplace meeting where the Union can visit before work, after work or at lunch
- Attend your unit or general membership meetings
Spread the Word
- Talk to your friends, colleagues and family members about the importance of public services and what they can do to maintain public services;
- Write to your Councillor. You can find out who your Councillor is and contact them directly through the City's website.
- Send a letter to the local paper.