The Joint City/CUPE Respectful Workplace Training discusses roles, rights and responsibilities in creating and maintaining a respectful workplace. Through discussion and small group work, participants receive information regarding laws, policies and directives governing behaviour in the workplace. Participants are given the opportunity to discuss workplace issues and identify possible resolution strategies.
- Describe what a respectful workplace would like in their work area
- Identify what constitutes appropriate vs inappropriate behaviour
- Understand legal and collective agreement language for respectful workplace
- Describe procedures for reporting and investigating incidents of harassment
- Define how you can contribute to the improvement of interpersonal working relationships.
- Undertake a personal action plan to contribute to a respectful environment in the workplace
Joint City/CUPE Respectful Workplace Trainer: