Action Against City's Austerity Budget!
November 19, 2019 at 2:17 AM
CUPE Fight Back Campaign
The union's major focus over the next two months will be fighting the budget cuts. Here are some highlights of the action plan we will be following in our fight back campaign:
- making presentations to standing committees and city council
- advertising campaign to inform Winnipeggers that their services are being cut or eliminated
- meeting and working with community groups against the city budget
- keeping members informed
- lobbying councillors
- mobilizing Local 500 members to take part in fight back actions on the streets
All Local 500 members are encouraged to answer the call for action and get involved in the fight back campaign. Please keep an eye out for upcoming action events.
- Contact your city councillor to express your opposition to the budget cuts
Talk to your family, neighbours and friends and help them to join the fight
Attend or participate as a delegation at one or all of the standing committee meetings November 25 - 28. (If you are willing to make a presentation at the standing committee, please contact the Local 500 office).
Watch for more information
Please continue to watch for further updates on our fight back campaign as we move through the budget process.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Local 500 office at 204-942-1001 or by email: email@example.com.