HEALTH CARE BARGAINING UPDATE #1
December 17, 2020 at 1:30 PM
Your CUPE Bargaining Council and the health care employers represented by the Provincial Health Labour Relations Services (PHLRS) department met today to begin negotiating a new contract.
After years of delays caused by the Pallister government’s attempts to force wage freezes on health care workers, in addition to forced union representation votes last year and the COVID-19 crisis this year, we are finally at the negotiating table. Although our discussions today were very preliminary (setting up how negotiations will proceed), we are moving forward.
The next dates we have set with the PHLRS are February 9, 11, 19, 23 and 25, 2021.
We thank all members for their input into this process. While we know this round of negotiations will be hard, we are ready to fight tough for you.
How was your CUPE Bargaining Council formed?
Your Bargaining Council is made up of representatives from every local participating in central table negotiations: Local 204/Shared Health and Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA), Local 4270/ Southern Health-Santé Sud (SH-SS), Local 8600/Northern Regional Health Authority (NRHA) and Local 500/ WRHA – Riverview Health Centre.
Who is your Bargaining Council?
Your CUPE Bargaining Council is made up of front-line health care workers just like you.
- Christine Lussier (L8600/NRHA)
- Cindy Terwin (L4270/SH-SS)
- Colin Hall (L204/Shared Health & WRHA) Alternate: Kim Grey (L204/Shared Health & WRHA)
- Daniel Richards (L204/Shared Health & WRHA) Alternate: Theresa Proctor (L204/Shared Health & WRHA) Debbie Boissonneault (L204/Shared Health & WRHA)
- Holly Chaperon (L4270/SH-SS)
- Limson Mestito (L500/WRHA – Riverview Health Centre)
- Marie Nixon (L8600/NRHA)
- Scott Solmundson (L204/Shared Health & WRHA)
- Shannon McAteer, CUPE Health Care Coordinator
If you have any questions or comments, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.