City/CUPE Foremanship Training Program
The City of Winnipeg's Foremanship Training Program is a long running, highly respected training initiative for city employees who aspire to be or are currently working as foreman. It is a comprehensive program that develops knowledge, skills and abilities to make foreman more effective in the field.
Objectives for the program include:
- To understand roles and responsibilities
- To develop effective leadership skills
- To utilize a proactive communication strategy
- To enhance the skill set of Foreman and leaders in the organization
- To provide opportunities for on-going learning
- To provide opportunities to develop technical expertise needed for the future
- To support the relevant training needs of Foreman in the City of Winnipeg
There are three comprehensive levels to this program:
Level 1 is aimed at Permanent and Spare or Acting Foremen or those aspiring to positions of leadership.
Level II builds on the skills developed in Level I with a focus on taking those skills back to the workplace.
The development of Leadership skills makes up a large part of the Level III agenda.