Myers LLP and CUPE 500 Legal Care Plan
Membership in CUPE Local 500 entitles you and your immediate family access to the Myers LLP Legal Care Plan.
The plan provides an initial 30 minutes of free legal consultation, and then legal services at preferred rates.
The range of services offered by Myers Weinberg LLP includes:
• child protection
• civil litigation
• corporate & commercial
• criminal law
• employment law
• family law
• Indigenous Legal Services
• labour law
• real estate - residential and commercial
• wills and estates
Here’s how it works
1. Call Myers LLP at 204-942-0501 and identify yourself as a member of CUPE Local 500.
2. You will be asked to provide a few details ensuring your eligibility in the Legal Care Plan, as well as some information with reference to the nature of your problem.
3. Once your eligibility is confirmed, you will be referred to a lawyer practicing in the appropriate area of law.
Under the Legal Care Plan
• no charge for the first 30 minutes of consultation with a lawyer at Myers Weinberg LLP
• these 30 minutes may be used either:
- by speaking to a lawyer on the phone, or
- by arranging an appointment, and meeting with the lawyer assigned to the file
• after an initial consultation, you may choose:
- to retain a lawyer at Myers Weinberg LLP and pay a preferred rate agreed upon between yourself and the lawyer, or
- to decline the use of the Legal Care Plan and use another law firm.
All legal services are provided on a confidential basis between the lawyer and the client.
For More Information
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Local 500 office at 942-1001 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.